Estate Planning Questions?
We Help You Know Where To Begin.
The estate planning attorneys of Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd help you protect your estate assets against possible future mental or physical incapacity, and the catastrophic costs of potential long-term medical or nursing care. We are committed to helping you protect the assets you are starting to develop or have spent a lifetime accumulating. Our goals are the same as yours—to assist you in providing for your future financial needs, and to leave a lasting, fulfilling legacy to your heirs in years to come. We want your family to get the most assets possible with the least amount of tax. Our estate planning and trust attorneys provide individualized attention, strategies, and options to ensure your personal and business assets go to your intended beneficiaries. You can prepare for your consultation with our estate planning questionnaire; it will help you gather the information you need to help us begin your estate plan.
Managing Your Assets Involves a Comprehensive Estate Plan
One of the best ways to manage your personal and business assets is to develop a comprehensive estate plan designed to meet your individual needs. We offer estate planning services that include:
- Last wills and testaments—Direct where and to whom your estate will go after your death, enable ease of administration for your heirs, choose administrator, reduce estate taxes, appoint guardian for minor children
- Durable financial powers of attorney—Appoint agent to act in your place for financial purposes
- Advanced medical directives—Instruct medical providers regarding terminally ill or vegetative state care, choose medical power of attorney
Trusts—Protect property from creditors, avoid probate, tax savings, provide care for disabled child, help qualify for needs-based public benefits
- Revocable and/or Irrevocable Trusts
- Insurance Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Minor’s—Spendthrift Trusts
- Credit Shelter Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Planning for disabled children—Special Needs Trusts, WisPact Trusts
- Life and long-term care insurance
- Gifting strategies
- Business succession planning
- Family limited partnerships
- Martial Property Agreements and Pre-nuptial Agreements
No matter what the size of your estate is, the importance of a comprehensive estate plan is undisputable. Protect your loved ones and yourself.