Injured by Defective Product?
Help from our Product Litigation Lawyers
As consumers, all of us in the Coulee Region have the right to expect the items we use not to compromise our health or harm us in any way. Successfully prosecuting a defective products claim takes considerable experience and finances. Our attorneys utilize our long history of exemplary legal skills, thoroughness, and resources to seek compensation you need and deserve. Countless times each day, companies in the United States violate our trust through the manufacture, distribution, and sale of thousands of defective products. Do not allow this disregard for public safety to continue to harm you or your family. If a defective product has put you or a loved one in danger, you want the personal attention of our attorneys protecting your rights.
Types of Products Liability Cases
When a defective product harms you, save the product and do not alter or change it in any way. Immediately get the item to one of our litigation attorneys at Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd. to preserve and have it expertly evaluated. Not doing so can weaken your case against any of the following liability issues:
- Manufacturing defects – The most clear-cut cases of strict products liability include items unintentionally produced with a flaw resulting in a product that is hazardous and unsuitable for consumer use. The manufacturer is responsible for injuries and damages sustained from the following examples of manufacturing defects:
- Motor vehicle components - brakes, seat backs, tires, seatbelts
- Bicycle cracked frame, handlebars, seat locking mechanism
- Child safety seats unlock upon impact
- Bacteria tainted food items
- Recreational equipment – helmets, jet skis
- Design defects – Error(s) in the design of a product causing risk or incompatibility for consumers that could have, and should have, been noticed before manufacturing. Resulting personal and property damage compensation is the responsibility of the company or designer of the flaw. Chemical composition, structural integrity, or a lack of safety features in the design result in possible harm from all products with the same design such as:
- Machinery with no automatic shut-off valve
- Ladders collapse under weight
- Electric appliance short circuit
- Crib slats too wide
- Bicycle handgrips slide off
- Vehicle brakes lock when pressed
- SUV rollovers
- Failure to provide adequate safety warnings – The manufacturer must warn buyers and consumers of any product dangers that could exist. Instructions for the proper and safe use of the product must be clear and readable. After the product is in public use, the manufacturer or seller is still required to warn consumers as new information becomes available. Anticipated danger risks requiring product safety warnings include:
- Prescription drugs - Possible side effects, interaction with other medications, allergic reactions
- Cleaning compounds, supplies, solvents
- Bicycle tires with heat or terrain limitations
- Exercise equipment
Our Litigation Lawyers
Your Product Liability Law Firm
Every day we purchase products for our own use, for our family members, and for others. Product liability laws are in place to protect consumers from harmful products. These laws hold the manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers accountable for putting products that they knew, or should have known were dangerous or defective into the marketplace.
A product design or manufacturer should never compromise the health and safety of any member of our community. Corporate giants know the laws proving products liability negligence are complex. We aggressively make the most of the relatively seamless working relationships between our practice areas to hold corporations, manufacturers, designers, and retailers legally and financially responsible for your injury.
Contact Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd today for a consultation. We are here to help you right the wrongs a defective product has caused in your life.