Social Security Questions
Helping Our Coulee Region Neighbors with Social Security Benefits
Social Security is supposed to protect us from the poverty that can occur resulting from old age, disability or the loss of a spouse. Moen Sheehan Meyer attorneys can help with Social Security requirements, application documentation and aggressive litigation against denial of benefits. Social Security was designed to provide social protection for old age, disability, unemployment and poverty.
Paying For Long-Term Elder Care
The compassionate Elder Law attorneys at Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd help you and your family to “look at the big picture” and plan for the coming needs of caring for our aging parents. The long-term costs of progressive diseases such as Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia are staggering. Individuals and families typically pay for these services out of their own pockets and not through insurance, Medicare or other government programs because, after symptoms of Alzheimer’s appear, it is usually no longer possible to qualify for long term care insurance. The following are examples of financial resources that could help cover the financial costs:
- Long-term care insurance – Pays for the costs of most long-term care settings such as nursing homes
- Life insurance - Part of the policy’s cash value can “be loaned” as cash that is paid off upon the person’s death
- Medicare – For people age 65 or older, covers inpatient hospital care, some doctor’s, medical and outpatient prescription drugs, some rehabilitation and home health care, does not cover long-term nursing home care
- Social Security Disability Income – For workers age 65 or younger, must prove inability to work is expected to last at least one year or is expected to result in death
- Compassionate Allowance Initiative – Added in February 2010 by the Social Security Administration for those with early-onset dementia, expedited access to SSDI and SSI
- Social Security Income (SSI) – Guaranteed minimum monthly income for people age 65 or older, disabled or blind and with very limited income and assets
Medicaid – Medical care payments for people with very low income and assets or have depleted most of their own money
How Elder Law Attorneys Can Help You
The tax rules, economic requirements and disability qualifiers for Social Security and other benefits, require the knowledgeable legal advice and experience. With proper estate planning, we help your family protect assets and financially prepare for upcoming long-term elder care.
When the Social Security Administration denies your disability benefits application, we aggressively work to appeal the denial and get your loved one the help they need. More benefits receive approval with the thoroughness of a qualified lawyers than those who do not take advantage of our knowledge.
For the help you need, contact at Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd today.